One of the most critical errors on any Android device, specifically Samsung devices is the “Odin Flash Failed” or “Firmware upgrade encountered an issue. Please select recovery mode in Kies & try again”.
Odin Tool is used to flashing Samsung Devices. Certainly, the procedure involving Odin Tool is meant for those who have basic knowledge about it. But even a tech freak might end up getting Odin Flash Failed Error. The reasons for this could vary largely.
When you get an ‘Odin Flash Failed’ message, you will see that the device does not go into recovery Mode and does not even boot. The worst part about this error, besides the panic that it brings, is that it could happen even with an official Stock firmware.
But there is nothing to worry about anymore as we have got for you all the solution here. In this article, we are sharing with you all the ways to resolve Odin Flash Failed Error. Here you go –
Resolve Odin Flash Failed Error
Solution 1. Boot the Samsung device into Download Mode.
- Firstly, enter your Samsung device into ‘Download Mode‘. For this, long-press Volume Down+Home+Power buttons, simultaneously.
- Then release the Power Button when you see the Model Number of your device on the screen.
- Then when you come across a warning, release the other two buttons and then press the Volume Up button so as to enter into Download Mode.
- Now that you are in Download Mode, you will have to download the below given essential files of Custom Recovery and Odin –
- Download Odin Tool
- Download TWRP Custom Recovery
- When you download the above two files, unzip them.
- Then Open Odin .exe file and from the extracted Odin folder, connect your device to the PC with the help of USB Cables.
- You will receive a message – ‘Added‘ from Odin if the device has been connected successfully.
- If not, then you will have to install Samsung USB Drivers.
- When your device is connected to the PC finally, in the Odin Tool, just click ‘AP‘ and choose – tar.md5.
- Then hit the Start option so as to begin the installation of Custom recovery.
You will now soon get a message from Odin – ‘Pass‘. That is it. You have successfully resolved Odin Flash Failed Error.
Solution 2. Install Latest Odin Version
One of the possible reasons why Odin Flash might fail will be the older version of Odin that you are using for flashing purposes. Thus we suggest you install the latest version of Odin Tool.
If you have an older version of Odin Tool, make sure to update it and then again try flashing your Samsung device.
Solution 3. Check the Firmware
Another possible reason that the firmware flashing on Odin Tool might have failed is an incompetent firmware itself. One should make sure that they have downloaded the right firmware for their device.
The Firmware Version (preferably latest version), security i.e., the firmware you are downloading is from a reliable website.
I hope that you have found the article of use. Do let us know if you still have any doubts.